Re: [AMC-List] Blue light special HELP

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006, Mark Price wrote:

>   I tried the blue colored 195 lamps in the stock dash and
> I can barely make out the gauges! The blue tint is just too
> dark.

The problem is incandescent lamps output a lot of energy in
the infrared, red and yellow colors (frequencies). They make
almost nothing in blue, violet and ultraviolet, so blue paint
on a hot bulb makes heat and dark.

(My Rambler has some korean war era aircraft cockpit lamps;
they have UV glass filters you can rotate into place; with
#2357's both filaments on you can roast a chicken on them,
but they make nearly zero blue light!)

The blue LEDs actually generate blue light, so they'll be better
than the lamps anyways.