Re: [AMC-List] Flexplate Question

A: It will bolt on but the balance weight is slightly bigger on the 360 flexplate and can cause vibrations (I've seen some with major vibes and some with none. I had a 304 powered Cherokee that shuddered like crazy (almost typed carazy!) with the TH400 behind it till the right flexplate was put in. Doh! Just reread the post (with my glasses on) and you need to see if the flexplate's bolt pattern lines up to the converter holes or you have the dual pattern flexplate. (I thought you were putting the 360 plate on the 304. I took a dremel to the 360 one for my '73 J4000 at first when I put the '77 AMX 304 in and it didn't vibe, but several teeth were missing and I had to replace it with the correct one anyways)

From: Todd Tomason <jayscore@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-List] Flexplate Question
To: AMC List <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

We're swapping a 304 into my son's Matador.  It currently has a
360 with a 727
transmission.  The 304 came out of a Javelin with a 998.  Will
the flexplate
that's already on the 304 work correctly with the 727?

Todd

All-in-one security and maintenance for your PC.  Get a free 90-day trial! http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwlo0050000002msn/direct/01/?href=http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwlo0050000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://www.windowsonecare.com/?sc_cid=msn_hotmail