[AMC-List] Re; Jeep J-10 exhaust pipe

Maybe I have lived out here in the South West too long as I have not see
pre-bent exhaust system parts for sale for over 30 years. If there is a
muffler shop, and there are lots of them the pipes are bent to fit when
you have them installed. Now having said that I can't tell you where the
closest chain muffler shop is such as Midas or Monroe or the equivalent.
I have not seen or taken notice of one in years.
The down side to having things bent to fit is the material is mild steel
and I am sure will not last long if subjected to areas that rust,
however here, they last forever negating the need for having much
pre-bent stuff in stock.
My last AZ restoration was a 1980 Spirit which still had the OEM factory
exhaust system on it, in fact I re-used the head pipe. That catalytic
converter went to replace the rusted out one on the 1980 AMX which came
out of Canada as did the down stream smog air tube, check valve and
hardware. I no longer needed it on my '80 Spirit.
I used a high flow aftermarket catalytic converter and a generic 16 inch
glass pack muffler on the Spirit. (Also a modern version of what used to
be referred to as an "Echo Can")
I would be surprised to see bend up exhaust pipe shops in the rust belt,
but in the south east I guess it kind of surprises me that do not seem
to exist.
Merry Christmas
John