Re: [Amc-list] AMC INK

In the April 2007 issue Musclecar Enthusiast, the editor, Steve Statham
has a voting contest on High Crimes in which he say "Which is the most
grievous case of a classic musclecar nameplate being appropriated to
sell
an inferior crapmobile?" And one the five cars named to vote on is the
79
Spirit "AMX". The editor wasn't too kind with his words for the
Spirit/AMX. Not smart if you want to keep readership!
--------

True, but it was a vote -- meaning not only his opinion -- and it was
ONE OF FIVE. So they didn't single out the AMX. "Crapmobile" is a bit
harsh though. That it was a classic musclecar nameplate used to sell an
inferior, or even "unworthy" (well, how about "less worthy"? that would
be better...) vehicle can't really be denied. I would say that the
Spirit had a lot more potential than the Mustang II to being close to
it's namesake -- just drop in a bigger engine and lose the back seat!
The only one I'd say has as much easy to upgrade potential would be the
Volare Roadrunner -- that was likely on the list too (I didn't read the
article). Not quite the same as the original, but with a 340 or maybe
even a big block, it would be in the same venue.