Re: [Amc-list] AMC INK

Frank,
  I never said Statham singled out the AMX. I did say it was one of the
five cars to be voted on. And as far as the original AMX, wasn't it a
sports car, not a muscle car? Or was it both? An AMX with the 290 surely
couldn't be called a muscle car!

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 07:18:04 -0600 "Swygert, Francis G MSgt 436 CES/CECM"
<Francis.Swygert3@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> In the April 2007 issue Musclecar Enthusiast, the editor, Steve
> Statham
> has a voting contest on High Crimes in which he say "Which is the
> most
> grievous case of a classic musclecar nameplate being appropriated
> sell
> an inferior crapmobile?" And one the five cars named to vote on is
> the
> 79
> Spirit "AMX". The editor wasn't too kind with his words for the
> Spirit/AMX. Not smart if you want to keep readership!
> --------
>
> True, but it was a vote -- meaning not only his opinion -- and it
> was
> ONE OF FIVE. So they didn't single out the AMX. "Crapmobile" is a
> bit
> harsh though. That it was a classic musclecar nameplate used to sell
> an
> inferior, or even "unworthy" (well, how about "less worthy"? that
> would
> be better...) vehicle can't really be denied. I would say that the
> Spirit had a lot more potential than the Mustang II to being close
> it's namesake -- just drop in a bigger engine and lose the back
> seat!
> The only one I'd say has as much easy to upgrade potential would be
> the
> Volare Roadrunner -- that was likely on the list too (I didn't read
> the
> article). Not quite the same as the original, but with a 340 or
> maybe
> even a big block, it would be in the same venue.

Jock Jocewicz - President/Editor NAMDRA     NAMDRA@xxxxxxxx
8537 Antioch Rd., Salem, WI 53168 (262) 843-4326
          JOIN NAMDRA, the best AMC club around!!
'07 AMC NATIONALS - Sep. 6-8, 2007 - Cordova Dragway Park, Cordova, IL
AMO#19, NAMDRA#46, AMCRC#974,  NHRA#41915, IHRA#6766