Re: [Amc-list] stupid water pumps (195.6 water pumps)

No, that's not the HD pump. From the parts book it looks like there was a change for 62, so pre 62 pumps should have that extra hose (and might be the one I got with the "heater hose" connection in the wrong place, not a 199 pump... it was a long time ago!!), 62-65 don't. My 61 and a 62 were L-heads, and they didn't have the extra hose either, not that I can remember. Every OHV I've had was 62 or later. The HD pump was for later models.

----------------------
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 08:26:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>

while getting an engine put together for the 61
classic wagon found another variable in the water
pumps i have not heard mentioned yet. the 61 head and
water pump are different than the 62 head and
waterpump on the engine i used for parts for the 61 in
that the water neck on the bottom of the 61 head has
water port that goes to the water pump. it takes about
a 2" length of heater hose. the pump has a water neck
going strait up to the head. the head has a port going
strait down. right at the bottom of the thermostat
housing. my 62 engine i used for parts did not have
that. my 62 that i drive around all the time also does
not have that. is that the "heavy duty" that was
mentioned previously maybe?

dave stohler
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules

--