-----------
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 12:23:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

I looked at the 195.6OHV head on my way out the door this AM.

5 short bolts
4 medium bolts (two are stud-heads)
6 long bolts

SHORT are under the valve cover on the distributor side.

MEDIUM and LONG are all the others; the only difference is
the aluminum intake valley cover is about .5" high and the LONG
bolts go there. The four MEDIUMS are on the ends where the valley
cover isn't. Chances are the LONG bolts would work over there --
easily checked (drop one in the hole without a washer and see
if it bottoms).

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"