From: Guhanick, Steve H.
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 6:02 AM
Subject: [Amc-list] engine painting

Everyone:

I just joined the AMC list, but have had my 1971 Javelin AMX since new.
I had the engine recently rebuilt (401) and will be having the engine
painted.  I've already had the intake, front cover, valve covers, and
oil pan powder coated the right shade of blue for the 71 motors.  I had
the throttle bracket to match up the color.

Anyway I can't have the block and heads powder coated because of the
seals already installed, so I will need to have it painted to match.
Muscle Car Restoration in Chippewa Falls will be doing it and they have
a lot of experience in painting motors.  Has anyone got any tips, info
or other comments on how I should have this done?  Type of paint is my
concern as the block will be dyno'ed before I install it in the car.
Will the paint hold up to the dyno run?
Thanks

Steve