Re: [Amc-list] '65 American 330 - Front drums 9x2?

Re: [Amc-list] '65 American 330 - Front drums 9x2?

" From: "Bruce Griffis" <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" Okay, a quick question so I don't have to take my lazy hind out out,
" remove a drum and measure - lol.
"
" The front drums for the '65 Rambler American 330 with 196 OHV engine
" should be 9x2, shouldn't they? I read the TSM - says 9x2. I read the
" Grand Unified Brake List, it says 9x2. Went to 2 different parts
" stores and they're coming up with 9x2.5
"
" So - if anyone knows offhand, is it 9x2 or 9x2.5? I didn't place the
" order, and will probably measure inside depth to be sure - but if any
" of you know offhand, could you confirm?

my '66 01 tsm says 2" for the 199, 2.5" for the 232.  iirc the 2.5"
drum fits either, and that would explain the stores.