[Amc-list] Tranny question

Last week went to move the Rambler to storage and the only way to move it forward was low 25mph or less. It had been sitting in my garage since July. checked fluid 1/2 qt low, filled it and no better. Only drove less than  a mile. Reverse was fine.  Any  suggestions ?  car is 64 Rambler 770 with 232,original transmission (85,000 miles). Never even started or drove the Marlin this year (has new eng,tran etc) Hopefully next year things will be better and I will be able to use them. Thanks for all imput.

Bargain Bob Petersen
AMC Car Collector