[Amc-list] 65 Rambler - the project continues

[Amc-list] 65 Rambler - the project continues

I've been working on the bumpers, straightening, polishing and cleaning up hardware.  Put the newly reconditioned radiator in this weekend.

Does anyone know the part number and a source for the upper radiator hose for an OHV 196 in a Rambler American?

My car came with a flex hose, which I am reusing, but I've done a search on the net and have not found a molded hose that fits.  The rockauto listing for a molded hose is incorrect.  I'll be sending that one back.

The Gates brand lower hose from rockauto fit great.

I dropped the gas tank too and found holes.  This is the first holey gas tank I have ever encountered here in CA.  The car was from Texas though.  I'll be asking a local radiator shop if they do gas tank repairs in addition to reconditioning.  If they do not, it's off to Gas Tank Renu.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA