Re: [Amc-list] 65 Rambler - the project continues

Re: [Amc-list] 65 Rambler - the project continues

Joe,

If you're willing to take a chance on NOS, I think there is an upper
radiator hose on eBay right now. If nothing else, it may give you
something to match up at a parts store.

Matt

On 11/23/2008 6:14 PM, Joe Fulton spouted this sage advice:
> I've been working on the bumpers, straightening, polishing and cleaning up hardware.  Put the newly reconditioned radiator in this weekend.
>
> Does anyone know the part number and a source for the upper radiator hose for an OHV 196 in a Rambler American?
>
> My car came with a flex hose, which I am reusing, but I've done a search on the net and have not found a molded hose that fits.  The rockauto listing for a molded hose is incorrect.  I'll be sending that one back.
>
> The Gates brand lower hose from rockauto fit great.
>
> I dropped the gas tank too and found holes.  This is the first holey gas tank I have ever encountered here in CA.  The car was from Texas though.  I'll be asking a local radiator shop if they do gas tank repairs in addition to reconditioning.  If they do not, it's off to Gas Tank Renu.
>
> Joe Fulton
> Salinas, CA

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH