Re: [Amc-list] OT: 2-cycle vs 10-40W oil

Re: [Amc-list] OT: 2-cycle vs 10-40W oil

I have run lawnmower engines on 2cycle oil in the crankcase for short duration use when out of the right oil.

I have not had any problems doing so, but not saying or promising that same results.

If doing this I highly recomend that 2cycle be mixed in the gasoline you run the engine on to. It may make the difference between success and failure.

YMMV and you lawnmower may not survive.
I changed it out at the first chance I had.
Doesn't seem to have hurt it a bit.

Last time I had a crankcase go dry it was from not getting the drain plug tight enough.
After sitting for months the oil simply seeped out around the pipe threads till the crankcase was empty.
I use thread tape and the leakage stopped.

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: Matt Haas <mhaas@xxxxxxx>