Re: [Amc-list] Tankin' the 65 Project - Analysis

Joe Fulton wrote:
> Well, I have evaluated the options for repairing/replacing the gas tank in the 65 American. The entire rear bottom portion of the tank is rotten.
>
> Gas Tank Renu would cost $325 plus shipping both ways.  I estimate the total at about $400.

I dunno, $400 end to end for a new, gauranteed tank may not be a bad
price, all considered. It's such a dreary place to have problems on a
car, and can cause so many problems down the road.

Likely they'll make you pretty much a new custom tank. And it won't have
any install issues. THe Moustang tank will require custom fit etc.