Re: [Amc-list] Tankin' the 65 Project - Analysis

Re: [Amc-list] Tankin' the 65 Project - Analysis

My local radiator shop cleaned the 79 Spirit tank for about $125, but they didn't seal it inside, just put some WD-40 in it to stop corrosion until I got it installed. It did not require any repairs.

They took one look at this Rambler tank and said it was too big a job for them....too rotten in the bottom.  They said they could send it to Gas Tank Renu for me but they would add 20% to the GTR bill.

I've been reading up on brazing, but thanks for pointing out the features of the flux.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA