[Amc-list] Now you see it ... now you don't ... (was Stroker got 10-cube

[Amc-list] Now you see it ... now you don't ... (was Stroker got 10-cubes bigger), LOL!

Guess what guys?  My 330" stroker that grew to 340" just shrank back down in size.  The machinist that discovered the 401 crank forging # put the crank on the grinder and it wasn't quite lining up right.  They measured it and it's a 390 stroke.  Turns out that AMC took a 401 crank forging and ground it for the 390 ... most likely for service.

I'm now back to 330" cubes, LOL!

Good news is I don't have to mill the Diamond Racing piston tops now!

Sincerely,
Greg Taylor :) <><
Rochester Hills, MI
1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer "TRMN8R2"

And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life. - 1 John 5:11-12