[Amc-list] whew

Between thanksgiving weekend and the last week of sk00l I didn't do much
else. I even continued to drive my American with an intermittent
misfire, I never do stuff like that (too picky).

Might have found it (purple plasma running from coil tower to + and -
terminals visible at night, plus it got loud enough to HEAR!) we'll see
in 30 min. when I drive off. Popped the top off the carb to clean and
check it, it's not that (idle vacuum dropped from 18-19 to 16-17 too).
Weird. Checked all the plugs AGAIN. Checked timing AGAIN.

It almost sounds like carb, but more like ignition, the way it mildly
misses above 2000 rpm. Pertronix plus pertronix epoxy coil.

Oh, so THAT'S why everyone went to computer engine management...!

I cleaned the coil tower spotless, still purple stream; added some good
silicone grease, still there; finally got carb cleaner (all I had)
sprayed the crap out of it and the inside of the coil wire, assembled
dry... no sparks or sound! Sometimes high voltage makes no sense...

I think I better find some really good wires. I'm using some generic
set. Time for good silicone wires I guess.