Re: [AMC-list] List

> Cumbersome. ...Many more clicks, many more windows to open all to read a
> single
> message that is now detached from the visual sudo-thread it belongs to.
> MIME is fine, but for this
> list the need to open an attachment to an attachment to an attacment to
> read
> a message is far too cumbersome

There should NO need to click anything to see MIME encoded mail. Only
extremely old mail clients (early 90's) should even make the user aware if
it's existence. No modern software has the slightest bit of trouble with it,
noe.

There are actually two issues here.

One -- MIME -- no one outside of internet mail administration need even know
about the existence of MIME encoding of email. As another lifer net weenie I
can say that if you can't see MIME encoded mail, you are using a
reader-for-the-blind or really old or misconfigured mail. Period.

Two -- Mailman DOES strip off SOME attachments -- photos, for example, but
also some posts to the list from a few people that come as some really wierd
format and Mailman strips those and you have to click on the link to view
them, etc. I never do! Sorry to whoever is posting those. For these sorts of
"attachments" -- I see about 1, 2 a day max -- there's nothing the LIST can
do.

> For now I would recommend others having the same issue should simply log in
> the the amcyclopedia.org site to catch up and reply to the latest messages
> in
> the "Recent Post" section as I'm doing now.

That seems to work just great!