Re: [AMC-list] The big tow of shame

I pulled the coil and got it tested. It tested at 9 volts. Pertronix
guy said I needed 8 volts to fire. It's less than 12, but has
something. Resistance was bad (I guess - there were 2 tests, volts was
okay but ow, the other test was out of spec).

I picked up an MSD coil and installed it. Still no spark at the plugs.
So - distributor cap (I don't think so, at least SOME plugs should
fire), rotor, lead between the distributor and the coil, or the
pertronix ignition.

Since a rotor is cheap and should be an in-stock item, I may replace
it for kicks and grins. I'll swap out the cable between the coil and
the distributor as well. If that doesn't do the trick, then I know
where the problem is!

(wish I wasn't so ham-handed setting points, I have a spare new-in-box
set of points and a good condensor, but I stripped the threads in the
breaker-plate again. That would definately prove where the problem is)

Anyway - I should be closer to an answer tomorrow.