Re: [AMC-list] mileage

" From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
" Woo woo! I got 18.03 mpg average over 1500 miles, at 70 mph in the classic
" wagon with a 232 and automatic. Winds were really terrible the whole ride
" home. I think when I get that VSS installed and tweaked up it should bump up
" a bit.
"
" The TPI to fix the poor fuel distribution of this looong engine would
" probably be worth the effort.

you running a late-'70s or '80s 2bbl intake?  they're the best of the
carb efforts for fuel dist.

we got 23 mpg at 65 on the 700-odd miles from the nc/va line to boston
in my gf's '01 cherokee, 4.0, auto.