Re: [AMC-list] Concord STILL dying, could it be?

Re: [AMC-list] Concord STILL dying, could it be?

I just replaced the module on Greta, my '75 Gremlin X.  She drives
like a dream now.  Had a friend who replaced his Pacer's ignition
module.  This seems to be a common part that goes bad.

	Ross Guistino

	NorCal AMCs

	Rohnert Park, CA

	'75 Gremlin X aka Greta

	'73 Gremlin 304 aka Vivo
 On Sun 05/03/09 4:54 PM , Richard Estermyer javelinman74@xxxxxxxxxxx
sent:
 I've been watching (and appreciating) ALL the info about
Concord/Eagles stalling. I did replace the pick up coil (which new
magnet MUCH stronger) days later, stalled out again. Rebuilt the carb,
ran into float problem, so I took the card off the 82 and put it on
as-is, ran good right off the bat, for a couple days. Did a tune - up,
wires and all, discovered that the lifter knowk was NT the cause of
the rough idle. So after years, it is running smooth, great like new.
Enjoyed it for a day and a half, until it died again in downtown
Ypsilanti, center lane Michigan Ave at 11pm.
 After calling tow truck, it started and ran until the stop sign, so
pushed it into it's home space and was able to cancel the tow-truck.
(They understood as they had towed me 3 times in the last 10 days). I
just tried to start it and no go yet. The ignition module on my shelf
does not maatch up, soAutoZone here I go.
 Can anyone believe that replacing this module (located on the
fender) jusy MAY be the answer to this problem? It appears to be the
last on my list. THANKS for the input!!!
 Blessings,
 Richard
 Richard Estermyer
 Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.