Re: [AMC-list] Fwd: Was: The Airflyte font. Now OT: Crosley

Re: [AMC-list] Fwd: Was: The Airflyte font. Now OT: Crosley

Kevlinator----cool.

Which reminds me when of an instance last month when my neighbor who saves EVERYTHING and doesn't throw away ANYTHING decided to partially clean out his garage.  The event was a yard clean-up day in my town where citizens were not charged for recycling/disposing of oversized objects.  Robert, my neighbor, and I loaded a lot of his stuff on my pickup for the trip to the recycle yard.  Among the items was a Crosley Shelveldoor (dor?).  I had heard about these old refrigerators but remember ever seening one.  It supposedly still worked (had belonged to his mother) but it was in his way and he didn't want to bother selling it.  I convinced him to keep the absolutely perfect pink ice cube trays with the little pull handles to release the cubes.  Great Ebay fodder.

AMC content.  My family did have a Kelvinator refrigerator in the 50s with that sylish black inset across the front and the neat chrome handle.

Joe Fulton