Re: [AMC-list] calponycar adapter to replace the T-96 with T-5...

The BELL HOUSING DEPTH should be 6.5", NOT the shaft length! A 7" shaft with 6.5" bell is about right, need the extra 1/2" to go into the pilot bushing. Do let the guys at the page know of the error!!
-------------------
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 22:54:22 -0700
From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

Learned something new. The T-96 input shaft length quoted on the AMC
transmission page is wrong, or incomplete. I just mocked up a T-96C case,
old bearing and input shaft (that came out of the car, the one I ruined) and
bearing retainer, and the shaft length is 7.0" not 6.5". I've learned to not
believe anything I read!

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts