Re: [AMC-list] (no subject)

IIRC, it was the trans from a Granada or Mopar (one of the Aspen wagons that didn't go to Iran in the 70s) The assembly where the shift linkage attaches to the side came off to allow access to the gears. Same thing on the 3 speed I took out. I didn't even have to change the driveshaft (when I put the C4 in later, I only needed to change the yoke)

From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] (no subject)

" From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" I believe I had a T-96 in my '66 Fairlane (3 speed with 289)

with a 289 that would be a t-86.  6-bolt top cover, right?  afaik they
only used the t96 with the 144/170/200 six.

" I swapped it out for a 4 speed side loader (the one with 4th gear as
" O/D in place of 3rd gear)

curious - the only side loader i know ford used was the t-10, until
replaced by the toploader in the mid '60s, but it never had an o/d
setup.  the toploader did, in late '70s granadas and late '70s - '80s
pickups.