Re: [AMC-list] Nash Truck

" From: das24rules@xxxxxxxxx
"
" im thinking a torque monstor 401, and one of the 6spd tranns out of the dodge
" trucks. with that dana 70 rear. and it you want to go REALLY nuts, dana 60 or
" what ever front axle. for my area, ya, i would HAVE to have a front pulling
" axle also.
" dave stohler
" www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules
" _______________________________________________
"

that nash looked heavier than a 1t - 20" wheels...  i think it'd have
something heavier than a d70 rear too.

there are big-truck front axles; check the meritor or axletech
[successors to rockwell] websites.  dunno where you'd get them.

not a nv5600, but you could bolt a f500 np540fl right up to that 401
with a t150/t170 bell...  t150 clutch disc and pilot too.

btw, thought i heard gm had a high pinion d70fa in 1t 4x4 for a while,
5.13 geared.  they're probably all ifs now.

also btw gm used the nv5600 too.  it'd go well with the nv273 from a
f550.

" From: "Armand Eshleman" <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" I've had my eye on a fifties Studebaker "tow" truck for years. It's painted
" []
" It's bigger than a pickup, more like a 2-1/2 ton truck or something. I
" []
" Javelin TA car. Of course it would have to have either a 360 or 401 AMC
" engine and a, like Dave S mentioned, Dodge 6 speed truck transmission. It
" already has the heavy duty axles (don't know what kind they'd be but I'm
" thinking they are original to the truck). I wonder how hard it is to convert
" those axles to truck disc brakes??

same as above.  you could probably replace those 2 1/2t axles with
modern school bus ones; both ford and navistar have rear disks.

for car hauling, i'd put a pintle hook on it and tow a car carrier
like dealers use.