Re: [AMC-list] Nash Truck

"Rocky Lear" <lear31@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

>> Speaking of motorhomes, why not just go out and find one of those
>> AMC-390-powered motorohomes that were sold from the late 60's to the early
>> 70's?
>
>What do they look like? A jeep? Never heard of such a thing...

No, they were basically just a bare-bones motorhome subframe with the 390 engine and trans preinstalled in it and ready to ship to any motorhome maker that wanted to buy one.

It was shown in the "American Motors Family Album" near the back.  I think ArcticBoy had a scan of the photo on his website, but his website seems to be down.

I seem to recall that there were either one or two manufacturers who had contracts with AMC for these assemblies for several years; although that wasn't mentioned in the Family Album -- just that they were available.

Motorhomes often sit around after being used once or twice, and sink into the weeds.  I'd bet there are still some around.

MARC MONTONI
Richmond VA
http://FreeVirginia.blogspot.com/
Freedom.  Responsibility.  www.LP.org
Cu vi parolas Esperanton?
I'd rather push a Rambler than drive a Toyota.
Visit www.AMCRC.com or www.AMONational.com .
http://RichmondRambler.tripod.com/
http://Hasdrubal.tripod.com/Index.htm