Re: [AMC-list] AMC-list Digest, Vol 11, Issue 52

Message: 2
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 23:09:19 -0800
From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
To: "AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-list] dubious honor

Is it true, as I suspect, that the 195.6 OHV version has never, ever, had
one single aftermarket performance part, ever? Ever? I mean specific for
that engine, not just 'it fits'.

Even the flathead had that Edmund's head, even if it was from the Nash days.

Really not one?  A 1960's JC Whitney catalog might have something.

In my 64 440H, I'm running an Offy dual carb on the 196. I talked to the folks at Offy and they said they still have a dual carb manifold for the Aluminum 196 on the shelf!