[AMC-list] seat belts

Hmm. OK, I'll bite finally..LOL

I prefer to wear only the lap belt, which I do in my 73 and older cars.  Of course the shoulder belt makes it safer.  And of course so do airbags, which NONE of my cars have, or need.
Next thing the government will come up with is something like in the movie. (I forget which one) where the whole car fills up with "great stuff" like foam in a wreck.

NOT for me..
My newest is my '87, which I rarely drive.
Other than the government requiring minor children to be buckled.  I think they have no place legslating safety..,
or where people can smoke for that matter.

What is next.   telling us we can't have french fries. ( oh wait they are doing that some places already)

Good thing we all die after 100 years or before.  because I think I will pretty much be done with putting up with so much government stupidity long bafore that.

Jeff Denison,
Charleston, SC

non smoker.   always a seat belt wearer.( but by my personal choice)