Re: [AMC-list] 65 Classic Conv

" From: "L.D. Lyons" <ldlyons@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" I might put the 72 232 and 904 Trans in my 65 Classic Conv. It has 327
" automatic, 327 needs rebuild and the parts well I can't afford to do
" it. So is there an adapter to put between the 904 and the torque tube
" or maybe a newer rear end would fit. I have an Astro van with 4.3 v6
" and complete driveline I could use but would rather use AMC stuff.
" thanks in advance.

if a tf904 adapter doesn't turn up, another approach would be: adapt
the 232 to your iron warner.  a '67-'71 v8 converter housing and
flexplate [with balance weight removed] would work, and a 290 or 304
converter would probably not be far off for the six.