[AMC-list] AMC V8 bellhousing patterns - confirmation?

[AMC-list] AMC V8 bellhousing patterns - confirmation?

Do I understand correctly that essentially ALL of the AMC V8's (304, 360 and 401) share a common bellhousing pattern and that they all have the same physical dimensions?

And that the V8 bellhousing pattern is the same as a 258?

Meaning it's safe to assume any bellhousing (or auto trans) that'll bolt to a 258 will "bolt on" to a 304, 360 or 401?

Any variations to the above in "some" years engines .... 258's or V8's?

Also that an easy way to determine displacement for any given block is to look for (look at) the raised numbers cast into the block .... e.g. a 304 will have "304", cast into the block, a 360 will have "360" and so on.

Many thanks

Lynn in St George
(long time lurker 'cause my CJ7 Jeep has so much in common with AMC's)