[AMC-list] Finally Made it Yesterday

It was a beautiful Friday here on the central coast and I decided to drive my 65
Rambler to work.  It's about 28 miles driveway-to-driveway with only maybe four
traffic lights.
Traffic was Friday light and the car performed well.  That was the longest drive
I've made in the four years or so since I bought it.  I have more confidence in
it now.  I'll try to drive

it to work at least one day a week.  The automatic transmission came out of a
another 64 American.  I just replaced the front and rear seals and installed it
so it was kind of a pig
in a poke.   It shifts better now that it has some miles on it.  No leaks
either.  One new problem that has cropped up is that the starter hangs up
intermitently.  I know the ring gear
on the flex plate is healthy and the drive teeth on the Bendix looked good when
I installed it, but I suspect that the Bendix might have some corrosion on it or
there's a problem with
a weak solenoid.   I have a number of used starters so I can change it if I need
to.

Joe Fulton