Re: [AMC-list] AMC V8 bellhousing patterns - confirmation?

Are we talking about a 6 cyl? Switching to 4.0L waterpump (Grand Cherokee, which is centered fan)and pulleys/brackets moves the pump and belt away from the rad. If V8, the pre-Delco alt pulleys are closer to the engine and pump is shorter too than say Grand Wagoneer.

From: Lynn Howell <lynnhowlyn@xxxxxxx>
To: AMC-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] AMC V8 bellhousing patterns - confirmation?
	DelSp="yes"

Thanks for the confirmation - and other details added by all who
responded.

One more quick question ....

Because I'm struggling with the length of the engine in my specific
situation (e.g. the water pump "nose" is much closer to the radiator
than I'd like .... it's a long story), my sense is that most any of
the AMC V-8's would be 8 to 10 inches shorter than a 258 .... a couple
of approx. 4 inch cylinders and a couple of water jackets shorter.
Does that make sense.

Thanks again
Lynn in St George