[AMC-list] So my tree guy knows AMCs

I've got a pine with borer beetle damage and a big oak that is pretty
dead. Called a tree service guy that advertises in our church bulletin
to come out. He knew my car even under the car cover. Oh, you have a
Rambler! I can tell by the shape (well, maybe the hubcaps with the R
were showing. Oh, it has a three-on-the-tree. Cool!

We got to talking. He used to have a Rambler wagon that he loved. Then
he recently picked up a '77 Matty sedan from Florida. 60K miles, paint
is toasted, but it runs and drives. He gave it to a friend's kid that
has a small pizza shop. Just a 4 door coffin-nose with a 258. And I'm
just goofy enough to think that is pretty cool wheels, and just the
right size for pulling a slightly bigger camper, making it really okay
in my book..

I know Mark used to have a mid 70's Matador wagon for sale that looked
almost exactly like one my folks used to have. So, today is a yard
work day, and a day of thinking about Matador sedans and wagons.
Having a mid-afternoon beer (home-brewed Anchor Steam clone) - so
raising a glass to coffin-nosed Matadors.