Re: [AMC-list] AMX & Javelin no shoulder harness seat belt

Re: [AMC-list] AMX & Javelin no shoulder harness seat belt

Ya'll try Beams Seatbelts:

http://www.seatbelts.net/

Marc wrote:
I'm looking for something that is more functional than the primitive design
of the factory belts but that won't look glaringly out of place on the car
(thus the preference for later model AMC).

I've gotten used to the smooth and obstacle-free operation and relatively
firm retract of modern belts.  It's ridiculous to need two hands to buckle
up.

Any recommendations?

-- Marc

Marc... I have used these in several of my cars thru years:

http://www.seatbelts.net/products/1511.php?list=4&pic=a

http://www.seatbelts.net/
Eddie Stakes

On Stephen's comments about the 1970 AMX:
" Hello I just sold a 70 AMX that never had seats belts period. It had the original carpet in it when I got the car to restore. There were no holes in the carpet to put bolts through. The threaded inserts in the floor pan had plastic plugs in the holes. It was a automatic car with the console there were no magnets on the console to hold the belt after you took it off. There were no clips above the window to hold the shoulder harness if you decided not to use it. The holes in the sail panels had color coded plastic plugs in them. I am sure the car never had seat belts. But in Concourse Judging I had points taken off because they said all AMC's in 70 had seat belts. I had a 70 Javelin that had the clips above the door and the magnets on the console. My question i could the car be ordered without seat belts??? Sincerely
Stephen Smith"

On that one...no the seat belts were federally mandated by then and also a big selling point for 1970 models including new PPG glass with sheet sandwiched between it for windshields (safety glass!) and collaspable steering columns that were not spears going thru you with collisions as in previous years. But no, could not opt out of safety equipment (by 70) but chances are somewhere in past 42 years since that car built someone did 'opt out' of them. The shoulder harness plugs are not that uncommon either, I have a metal pair of them in a set of 68 Javelin sail panels here. I have seen metal and plastic ones though, but when it comes to the 68 Javelin, I do not honestly know if the 1967 Javelins built up to the law change were required to have them or not. I have had a number of 68 Javelins with block off plate, remind me to take photo of set of sail panels with this metal plug in there from factory. Quite neat.
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com