[AMC-list] Fore and Aft is Set

Well, while Bruce is having a homebrew I'm sitting here with a Pepsi rewarding
myself for getting the bolts in the torque tube bracket on the 64 Classic.  I
was ready to finish this job last week but hurt my back last Saturday morning
and I was just able to get back under the car today.   Although the throttle
linkage has caused in interference with the engine position in the past, I
discovered that the ultimate problem was that I had loosened the homemade motor
mounts installed by the PO and that allowed the engine to slip forward and be
out of position.   I tightend the mounts first thing this morning and was able
to line up the TT bracket bolts without much hassle.

Now on to the shift linkage problem and perhaps a litle rewiring for the
mid-sixties delco starter with the solenoid on the wheelhouse instead of the old
fashioned Delco that was on the 196.   The car might finally move under it's own
power this afternoon.   I got the shift rods from Los Angeles and two more shift
rods from a Rambler in the Seattle area so I have several choices now and I hope
one fits with minimal customizing.

Joe Fulton