Re: [AMC-list] 'dongle' was AMC V8 Heat Riser

Re: [AMC-list] 'dongle' was AMC V8 Heat Riser

On the dongle thing you mention, I was not anywhere near the Altima when Jacob started it, was inside Academy store, wife Paige & Noah still in car, but she told me 'he wanted to start the car' so she let him and I was surprised as was well inside brick & mortar store but car started. I may add that something I found useful on car was Paige was getting a adult beverage out of trunk while we were fishing at steps near L heads in CC, and locked key/dongle thing in trunk. Lucky for me inside the car was a manual trunk release pull thing. If I ever rent one of these things again, will definately try walking away from car holding my dongle. And I hope can say that on here.
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "LarryS" <vision1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Anyone can start the car as long as the dongle is present.
The dongle is the key.  An 8 year old can start a car with a key (mine
drives) so the "security" is the same.
Just like the driver is responsible for the keys staying out of kids' hands,
the dongle has a certain responsibility also.

If you start the car with the button and get out of the car and walk away,
the engine dies.
But, IIRC, that can be reconfigured.

L.