[AMC-list] Anyone ever seen this AMC concept car before? 1966 wagon, Gre

[AMC-list] Anyone ever seen this AMC concept car before? 1966 wagon, Gremlin Voyageur

Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 03:41:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jerry Casper <gremlingts@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: AMC <amc-delmarva@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-list] Anyone ever seen this AMC concept car before? 1966
	wagon,	Gremlin Voyageur

?While searching through a Ebay seller's AMC literature, I stumbled across a couple I have never seen before. ?These have to be concept cars, but beautifully done. Here's the links below :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290555895094?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_2753wt_932? Station wagon

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-AMC-Gremlin-Voyageur-Factory-Photo-/350481346886?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item519a50f146#ht_2731wt_932?Gremlin woodie

I'd thought I'd seen all the AMC concept car photos before, but these two, especially the rambler wagon, seemed new to me, I'd never seen them before that I ever recall. This vendor also has photos of the '58 Metro wagon, AMX wagon 1967 (3 different ones at that ), and a few others I've seen already. I really LIKE that '66 wagon, a real beauty, shame they didn't produce this one.?

Jerry
Woodbridge, VA

OK, Brian Moyer has the Gremlin Voyager prototype in his Gremlin collection that still exists. The 58 Metropolitan Wagon prototype is in the Metropolitan Pit Stop in Los Angeles , California, so that still exists also. A couple people have built Metro wagons too. The 1966 Station Wagon, this is more obscure, it was another show car circa 1966 , and it was called either the Saint Moritz or Sans Moritz, after a ski resort in either Switzerland or the Italian Alps on the Swiss border, I believe. I think there was a winter Olympics that year there, so that is why the winter scene , skis etc. The wagon unfortunately has never been heard of again to my knowledge. Oh, and it's more a Javelin station wagon then an AMX station wagon. That was the prototype for the Hornet Station Wagon. Although I also thought the idea of Javelin was not a bad idea, but that is a whole different story.
LRDaum