Re: [AMC-list] 232 6 cyl. engine and trans. for sale.

Re: [AMC-list] 232 6 cyl. engine and trans. for sale.

" From: Bruce <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" If no one makes an offer, I'd be interested in the 2 barrel intake and
" carb. I'm putting a '68 232 in my '65 American, but it has a one barrel
" intake and carb.

get the linkage too!  it's different than the 1bbl setup - the
throttle shaft turns the opposite way.  and the air cleaner is also
different.

but the late '70s [with married exhaust like the '60s] and '80s [with
separate exhaust] setups have more even fuel distribution [think
mileage], and if you want more power there are several carb options,
starting with rebuilding the amc carter bbd with a mopar v8 bbd base
[larger venturii and maybe throttle plates too] to the mopar factory
bbd replacement holley to motorcraft carbs to the weber to a holley
tbi...

add a recurved hei dist...

ps. '60s and '70s blocks have thick enough walls to bore .125" over
and use jeep 4.0 pistons.  i've even met someone who did it with a
290!