Re: [AMC-list] Can anyone help this guy?

Re: [AMC-list] Can anyone help this guy?

Cool. sorry, I can't help you.

somewhat off topic: I don't know about way back then but currently there are two types of limos: the manufacturer either ships the limo to a coach builder with the full knowledge that a limo will be made of it (probably to the manufacturer's engineering department's approved specifications) OR it's a (to varying degrees of professionalism) one-off type of deal. In my experience limos are problematic in two areas: air conditioning and electrical. I swore I would never own one but I do own a Lincoln Town Car with 3 facing 3 seating in the rear. I'm pretty sure it's the biggest limo I'll ever own although there is probably more business out there for a 10 passenger than there is for my 6. Right now I think the only two U.S. manufacturers that are shipping new product to coach builders is Cadillac and Lincoln. I look at some of the homemade stuff on eBay sometimes and shudder. I'll keep my eyes open in the stuff I read for an AMC limo. I never even considered that they ever were involved in that end of the business.

Stretch business is down nationwide if I read the signs of the times right. With all the cost-cutting going on in corporate America, it seems ostentatious to be driven around in a stretch limousine. I'm not saying that they really ARE cutting corners, but they do want to look like they are. You can have the same degree of luxury in an SUV and no-one thinks anything of it but the stretch limo draws attention. Strange .... I paid one and a half times more for my my Yukon XL than I did for my stretch (both used) and no one looks twice at it. The truly wealthy people we transport usually are not looking to draw attention to themselves so usually they want the SUV.

Doug Dornbos
hobby vehicle: 1973 Matador 4-door
gtwinetours.com