Re: [AMC-list] AMC limousines & the Argentina Ambassador limo

Re: [AMC-list] AMC limousines & the Argentina Ambassador limo

Several things stick out here. The video from 1973 is facinating. Yes, that is a 66, possibly 65 AMC Rambler Ambassador the
presidente is riding in. But that was probably built in Argentina. And due to it being a historical vehicle, will never leave
Argentina, so don't ya'll get any ideas. Reminds me of North Korean dictator Kim John Il's funeral procession, of which there are
several angles of it on youtube. The Lincoln's, one with old Gran Marinier swilling Kimmy boy's BIG photo on top, the other with his
actual casket.....these cars are special if you could get them out of that sh*thole North Korea, but are historical vehicles. Not
sure if they have been used previous by his daddy when he croaked.

Side note: all those people wailing in the video, is this beeber fever and did they just get to see Justin Beiber or miss out on
tickets?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSLJYbhXCkE

I'm sure some Lincoln collectors are thinking of ways to somehow get those wondeful American made Lincolns out of North Korea for
their collections. The things that stick out in this video, besides the Ambassador limo...is there is a cop pushing crowd back while
standing on his motorcycle, no hands, quite neat! The other is a man next to a open liquor truck, there are thousands of all types
of booze on that truck in the open. How does he keep inveotory & keep people from swiping bottles when he takes some cases into
stores for delivery? Here is US the beer trucks are small fort knoxes...for just beer!

Two motorcycle cops, really? In a country that has been strifed by issues, including assinations thru the decades? I guess that one
cop riding his bike standing no hands can intimidate bad guys. Could not believe the masses sticking their hands into the Ambassador
though, any of them could have taken him out easily. Not worried about that, more worried about damaging the Tahiti interior on the
car. Notice also it is left hand drive.....
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfMk3dWPtDM&feature=colike

Hi -
I am a former AMO member - I owned a 1966 Ambassador convertible from 1975 to 1991. The car then became part of the Peter Hill
collection, and I have remained a fan of this era of AMC cars. Recently I discovered a youtube video that included a 1973 clip of
President Juan Domingo Per?n at his return to Argentina from Spain. I noticed that the Ambassador limousine that he was in is an
exceptionally appealing vehicle. Is there any way that the provenance of this car can be traced? Does AMO have any information on
who the coach fabricator is who produced the limo version of this car? Has a photo exhibit of this model ever been put together?
Any clue on the above questions would be greatly appreciated.
Alan Blanes
Kelowna BC