 From: Bruce Hevner <scramblr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:35 PM
Subject: [AMC-list] 360 build

They did pretty much all the right things. I think I would have opted for a
thrust plate timing chain setup instead of the button. And for once they
used a flat tappet cam which I have always said an AMC really needs (even
though they didn't reveal the specs). For street use needs to be "around"
230'-240' @ .050. They also didn't play with the cam timing which I have
found is a critical part of engine performance. I'm sure they could have
picked up a few HP there.

I agree with the Edelebrock heads too. You can spend HOURS on the cast iron
heads and still not have as good a part.

And you're on borrowed time making more than 450 HP with two bolt mains and
that lightweight block. I like the Wiesco piston & rod kit even though it is
a bit "pricy"!

All & all a pretty good build!.

Bruce Hevner