Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 20:57:27 -0800 (PST)
From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>
To: amc-list <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-list] Need HELP on getting open SX/4 electric trunk
	release

i also have an sx4. (had two last summer) both with spoilers and
electric releases. the electric solenoid in the hatch is whats probably
bad. you CAN with a long thin screwdriver pop the hatch. theres a small
gap to get in there. iirc its on the right (passenger) side. stick screw
driver in, and pry it up. it should pop. my "honey badger" sx4 never did
work. i put a small piece of cable on the latch that hangs outside
tucked behind the license plate. pull the cable to pop the hatch till i
find SOMETHING that will fit in that small hole to pop the hatch. the
struts arent air. they are oil/gas charged struts. my local parts stores
had them one day out. make sure you get the ones for WITH spoiler. the
spoiler dont weigh much, but its enough to make a difference on the
weight the struts push up as its WAY out from where the struts are
mounted. (think leverage) you can email me off list if you have other
questions. i know these cars quite well. in my  picasaweb link below,
you can see pics of "honey badger" and just a few things i have done to
it. will be glad to help if you? need any.

dave stohler
www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules