[AMC-list] AMC and Buick ???

Here's a query for you AMC history buffs.

A recent post on one of the Jeep forums stated that Buick and AMC shared foundry facilities and collaborated on engine design. I know that the 2nd gen Buick OHV V-8 is remarkable similar to AMC but I have always read that this was the result of some sort of industrial espionage and nothing else. As always I would like to correct the misinformed.

The Jeep forums are very good web sites and some of the friendliest folks I have communicated with on-line but their AMC knowledge is lacking. No disrespect of AMC is intended by their misguided info. At least they know the 390 is not a Ford and the 327 is not a Chevy!!

Cliff Danley
Jacksonville, FL