Re: [AMC-list] AMC and Buick ???

If you recall the Buick V6 (and V8) was used in Jeeps and AMC fixed the lumpy balancing issue Buick had with the motor and sold it back to GM when they took over Jeep.

Jim Blair
From: "cliff" <am401@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-list] AMC and Buick ???

Here's a query for you AMC history buffs.

A recent post on one of the Jeep forums stated that Buick and AMC shared
foundry facilities and collaborated on engine design. I know that the 2nd
gen Buick OHV V-8 is remarkable similar to AMC but I have always read that
this was the result of some sort of industrial espionage and nothing else.
As always I would like to correct the misinformed.

The Jeep forums are very good web sites and some of the friendliest folks I
have communicated with on-line but their AMC knowledge is lacking. No
disrespect of AMC is intended by their misguided info. At least they know
the 390 is not a Ford and the 327 is not a Chevy!!

Cliff Danley
Jacksonville, FL