 From: wrambler242 <wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Jesse <j2sax@xxxxxxxxx>; "Rambler AMC, Nash, Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 10:59 AM
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Mileage with AMC/Jeep 4 Cyl 2.5 EFI or 4.0 in an 80's AMC

A properly setup 91-95 4.0L with a standard trans will get you knocking on the 30mpg highway number in stock form.

My American will get almost 29mpg with it's AMC T5, 3:31 axle and 60 series tires on all 4 corners. A narrower tire and keeping your rpm around 2000-2200 at highway speeds should get you at 30 + -. Lugging the engine down to lower rpms will probably cost you mpg as will getting to far above this window. A narrow low rolling resistant tire likely get my American there if traveling on level ground and not all the hills and winding roads around here.

Slam it to the ground! Lower is better :-) keeps the air out from under it.