Re: [AMC-list] For the person with a friend dropping a 4.0 into a '64 Am

Re: [AMC-list] For the person with a friend dropping a 4.0 into a '64 American, ...

Maybe you consider serpantine belts "silly" but the 4.0L systems fit tight to the engine and you only need to carry one spare belt. The 80's systems were a mess, but once the 4.0 setup was finilized they became a pretty darned good system to use. I even had room to use a late 80's GM X-body puller fan in my 69. and this is one of the fan motors that looks like a real motor , kinda like a heater fan motor. (yea, it was a freebie) I was pretty broke back then. ----- Original Message -----