[AMC-list] AMC Pacer seen in Houston traffic 2013

[AMC-list] AMC Pacer seen in Houston traffic 2013

While coming back from getting a burger off I-10 here in Houston, I had
gotten onto the feeder road in my 74 AMC Hornet Sportabout
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/Photo_Gallery_AMX/scoreboard-1.jpg and was
headed east towards Wilcrest. I-10 in this area is about 22-24 lanes across
counting feeder roads and HOV in center. I was getting into left (faster)
lane and lo and behold a 75-76 AMC PACER was in slow lane next to curb!
Silver in color, lady behind wheel was white haired! Wow! I slowed down
slightly and got next to her, honked and waved, she waved back probably
thinking 'damned hippie' or 'carjacker! I'm going to cap your ass!' or maybe
she realized my Hornet was about same age as her car.

So I slowed down considerable trying to time it where she could catch up as
I was now in 'fast' lane 50mph feeder and Wilcrest fastly approaching to
turn left U-turn. so stayed in my lane, stoplight was red, and left a few
cars spaces in front of me to get clear shot of her with phone
non-AMC-smartass-camera-phone all the while watching light and everything
else around me. She vanished into a building parking lot near IHOP and I
took photo of a silver Nissan Xterra which should have been in her 'spot'
coming down feeder. It was the first AMC I have seen in Houston traffic in
about 10 years. Wife Paige drives a AMC daily & doesn't count. The old lady
probably was a original owner, looked really comfortable behind wheel with
traffic whizzing past her, and slightly faded paint. I probably soiled
myself seeing another AMC in Houston traffic though and wished I could have
gotten a photo of it driving along!

Eddie Stakes
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825 days