[AMC-list] Feeding Houston homeless a Whataburger (AMC related)

[AMC-list] Feeding Houston homeless a Whataburger (AMC related)

Posted on facebook today, some words edited!

F*ck Houston's "don't feed the homeless" law. I don't need a permit for mercy. And with Obama's shit economy affecting millions, here was a guy, maybe a veteran, really down on luck. I have been feeding homeless folks for many years, especially the camp of them, some without legs, under Beltway 8 of which my kids got sort of fond of and would want to go with me when I fixed up a cajun tex mix of stuff for cold nights. Anyways, this guy was sitting on side of Whatburger on I-10 near Dairy Ashford when Noah & me stopped in. Obviously not washed in long time, dirt & oil caked to hands and face. A Houston Police drove up and came inside and ordered a burger. The homesless guy slowly picked up his raggedy duffle bag and self and trudged over to fence next to used car dealership and plopped down. Some of you have probably heard of the homeless people getting TICKETS for dumpster diving in Houston recently.

http://houmanitarian.net/2013/03/12/going-viral-homeless-houston-veteran-ticketed-for-dumpster-diving-getting-lots-of-attention/

Really. Anyways, I bought the guy a Whataburger...and gave it to him. The rich Memorial (Stratford high school) kids who have more money into their phones than I have in my 74 AMC Hornet Sportabout wagon this photo was taken thru (by son Noah) sort of had dumbfounded looks on faces inside Whataburger watching this transpire. Maybe they learned something for Easter. Was happy the cop in uniform didn't run poor guy off. Hmmm...maybe a Whataburger for Homeless campaign. Not sure when being hungry became a crime in Houston, but another stupid, useless law out there. Hope the poor bastard enjoyed his hot meal, it is about 22 miles to Star of Hope Mission donwtown Houston from this location. Not a option, especially for someone with bum leg, no shoes (no soles!) and weak. I'd feed him again.

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/houston-homeless-guy-i-fed-whataburger.jpg

those of you on facebook (and I guess here) quickly pointed out the AMC mirror in the photo. Yup, it is THAT 74 AMC Hornet Sportabout was driving, fun car to drive daily.

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/Photo_Gallery_AMX/scoreboard-1.jpg

AMC related content as or used to be required by Jim Stone who was founder of amxfiles.com before he sold his AMX (we need to find him another!) is I was driving a AMC feeding the poor homeless dude.
Eddie Stakes
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825 days
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx