[AMC-list] Engine rebuild

Ok, I have torn down my engine and took some measurements. I"m getting a rebuild kit and I'm gonna replace everything. Camshaft, bearings rings, etc. I was a mechanic and Machinist in the Navy for 7 years, so I ain't scared, lol, but I've only rebuilt an engine once and I did it from advice the parts guy gave me and a Chilton manual.

 I have a couple of questions though.
 First, one of the pistons has a deep gash on the side of it. I know the rings ride the cylinder walls and I'm assuming the piston will not touch the walls so should I worry about this gash? I'd guess it's about a .050 gash.
 Second, other than that, all the pistons seem ok, so, if the gash doens't matter, should I still replace all the pistons?
Third, all the cylinder bores are right at 3.780 but as per:
http://www.null.cl/hornet/spec.html

the bore diameter should be 3.750 so my bore is .030 over, but when I inspect the pistons and rings, I can't find any indication that this is correct. I thought that the rings and/or the pistons would have .030 on it somewhere. Another oddity to me about this is the connecting rod has American Motors so I'm assuming it is OEM.
 The rod and main bearings are .010 under. I measured with my calipers plus it has .010 on the block PLUS both the rod and the main bearings are stamped .010. Shouldn't the piston or the rings have .030 somewhere?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Thomas