www.planethoustonamx.com

From: "Christopher H Ziemnowicz" <christopher.ziemnowicz@xxxxxxxx>

Eddie,
I tried posting this on the AMC mailing list, but it seems that I must be doing something wrong. In any case, I thought you might be interested in the following items that I found.

Here is a story about the steam powered Javelin:
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=950&dat=19700806&id=u0VQAAAAIBAJ&sjid=7VcDAAAAIBAJ&pg=3878,1294742

Moreover, the following reports that: "Subsequently we took the car to a few auto shows, including a major show in Chicago. Ultimately the car was auctioned off to a private enthusiast."
http://www.beta-sheet.org/page14/page48/index.html

An example of the cars "surviving" is this 1972 hydrogen-powered AMC Gremlin for sale.
http://green.autoblog.com/2010/05/27/ebay-find-of-the-day-hydrogen-powered-1972-amc-gremlin-by-georg/
Chris Z.

Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 19:25:25 -0500
From: "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

So where is the steam driven, 2 cylinder 1970 Javelin (powered by Harley
Davidson!!) donated to the University of California for the 6 day clean air
race at La Jolla? The race was from Cambridge, MA to Pasadena, CA. AMC
donated this brand new 1970 Javelin (they kept the engine & trans though) to
the university for this event. Where is the 1971 Javelin commonly called
"the junkbox" from Team Penske, another TEST car, donated to the University
of Pittsburgh in 1972. Still out there? Just thinking with all this talk of
the Vipers donated to universities Chrysler wants back so they can crush as
in earlier post!
Eddie Stakes
713-464-8825 days
www.planethoustonamx.com